1. All anglers must abide by all State and Federal laws.
2. Registration — Will be held at Oceans East - Nags Head, Oceans East – Virginia Beach
from May 8, 2023 until 5:00 PM on May 18, 2023. All boats must be registered with
the Tournament committee and all entry fees paid to qualify for prizes and trophies.
Any substitute must be registered with the Tournament Director prior to ﬁshing and
will be permissible only if original boat becomes disabled. Captain’s Meeting will be
held through Facebook live on the Oceans East Tournaments Facebook on May 18,
2023 at 7:00 PM. For any questions during or after the meeting please call or text the
tournament director at 252-202-4688.
3. Fishing Days —There will be three (3) ﬁshing days. Boats can either enter one, two or
all days of the tournament. Fishing hours are from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM daily. No
lines in the water prior to 9:00 AM. Boats cannot catch bait prior to 9:00 AM on
fishing days. Any ﬁsh hooked prior to 4:00 PM may be played until caught. Boats
must leave out of a North Carolina Port on fishing days.
4. Ofﬁcial Clock —Time starts the ﬁrst day of the tournament. Ofﬁcial tournament time
will be continuous GPS time. In case of tie in weight, time of weigh in will determine
5. Boundaries — All ﬁsh must be hooked within tournament boundaries which is from
the northern boundary NC/VA border and the southern boundary being Drum Inlet
6. Weighing Fish — Any ﬁsh weighed must be entered on the scorecard by the
Tournament Weighmaster. If anyone wants to have a ﬁsh reweighed, it must be done
while ﬁsh is still hanging. All ﬁsh that have been mutilated will be disqualiﬁed.
Mutilation shall be deﬁned as damage which would impair the ﬁghting ability of the
ﬁsh. The decision of the weighmaster will be ﬁnal. Weigh stations will close at 7:00
PM Friday and Saturday of the Tournament and 6:00 PM on Sunday, the last day of
the tournament. There will be three (3) official weigh stations: Pirates Cove Marina,
Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and Teach’s Lair Marina.
7. First two fish harvested will be eligible for weigh in.
8. Scoring —All cobia will receive one (1) point per pound. Teams may weigh no more
than two cobia per day. Top boat honors will be determined by adding together the
weights of the team's heaviest two cobia from each day of ﬁshing.
9. Tie Breaker – Winner will be determined by weight. Weighed ﬁsh will be recorded in
fractions of a pound. If two or more entries are of the same weight. The ﬁsh with the
earliest weigh-in time will determine the winner.
10. Polygraph Testing – Crew members, Captain and Mate of money winning boats and
individual trophy winners may be subject to polygraph testing before receiving any
money and/or trophies. Polygraph test for winners will be completed at a designated
time and location. By virtue of signing the entry form, participants agree to the ﬁnal
decision of the polygraph test. Refusal to submit to the polygraph test will be
automatic grounds for disqualiﬁcation from the Tournament and any winnings.
11. Protests - must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Director by 7:00 PM on
Sunday night. Protests must be submitted in writing with a deposit of $100 which will
be refunded if the protest is upheld. The Rules Committee at their discretion may use
polygraph testing to reach a decision. By virtue, or signing the entry form all
participants agree to the ﬁnal decision of the Rules Committee.
12. Cancellation Policy - If weather and /or other conditions exist that require that the
tournament be cancelled, refunds will be paid less tournament expenses. The
decision to cancel the tournament will be made by the Tournament Director. One day
of ﬁshing by at least 10% of the ﬁeld constitutes a tournament.
13. Prize money - Checks will be made payable to the entrant or authorized agent of the
winning boat as designated on the ofﬁcial entry form. Social Security Number or
Taxpayer ID must be li. Checks will be mailed within 30 days of tournament event.
14. Anglers -There is no limit to the number of eligible anglers per boat.
15. BY SIGNING THE ENTRY FORM AND PAYING THE ENTRY FEE, MY TEAM AND I
ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE HAVE READ THE RULES AND FORUM
SELECTION/INDEMNIFICATION AND ARE BOUND BY THE SAME.
16. Forum Selection/Indemniﬁcation - All participants, owners of vessels and pro hoc
owners of vessels, consent and agree that the federal and state courts for Dare
County, North Carolina, shall serve as the sole venue for all litigation and disputes,
including, but not limited to, Oceans East, Inc, Oceans East OBX. LLC, and Oceans East
Tournaments, Inc., rulings, property damage, personal injury, and contract disputes
arising out of a person or vessel's participation in the Oceans East Cobia Tournament.
If a participant does not secure the signature of the vessel's owner and / or pro hoc
owner for this agreement, the participant(s) agrees to indemnify the. against all
claims brought by the owner and or pro hoc owners of the vessel(s). Any participant
whose action causes Oceans East, Inc, Oceans East OBX. LLC, and Oceans East
Tournaments, Inc, its officers, directors, sponsors, owners and employees, to occur
legal expenses, shall indemnify, hold harmless and reimburse said persons or entities
from such costs. The rules and release shall also be binding on my heirs, executors,
administrator or assignees.
17. Tournament Expenses - In an effort to offset tournament expenses, 10% of entry fees
and calcuttas will be donated to the Oceans East Fisherman’s Fund
Copyright © 2018 Oceans East Fishing Tournaments - All Rights Reserved.